I have decided that I would clear all the outstanding alteration jobs that I had to do for my family before I started on a new project for myself. I had a skirt for my mum which needed the zip replacing and a hooded top for my brother which his dog had chewed the zip on. I also have a quilt for my bed which just needs some finishing quilting designs and the bias binding attached, a quilt for the cot for my nephews which needs piecing and quilting.
Heres some pictures of my brothers top.
|The damaged zip in the top.|
|The damaged zip once removed from the top.|
|The new zip inserted into the top.|
Heres a couple of pictures of my mums skirt:
|The broken zip in the skirt|
|The new zip in the skirt.|
The only difference with the new zip is that it is a slightly darker shade than the original but apart from that everything looks as it did before.
I have now decided on how to piece the cot quilt together so that will be done next weeked and I will be working on my quilt as and when I get chance as I am in no great hurry to finish it.
I am now going to allow myself to start on a new project which is a coat for myself using simplicity pattern number 2581. It is the 1st time I have made a coat so am looking forward to learning new techniques.